Unlike the UK Rail Industry where all chemicals used to clean their trains and vehicles are
monitored and independently tested, the road transport industry does not have specific guidelines to ensure the cleaning chemicals used are safe.
As a result unscrupulous manufacturers are manipulating this loophole to create chemicals
using highly hazardous and corrosive raw materials that are in regular use on the forecourts
of unwitting transportation and haulage companies like yours that have the potential to:
- Seriously affect the health of those who are exposed
- Harm both the local and regional environment
- Seep into the substrate causing both short term and long term damage
Some of the “Nasty's” you will find in these unregulated chemicals include:
- Sodium Hydroxide - also known as Caustic Soda can cause serious skin burns and long term use can cause corrosion.
- Potassium Hydroxide - similarly potentially corrosive in the long term and poses harm to aquatic life.
- Sodium Metasilicate - promotes hard water scale production.
- Trisodium Nitrilotriacetate (NTA) - now classified as animal carcinogenic.
- Ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid (EDTA) – which is not bio-degradable.
- Phosphates - must not be dispersed into water courses due to high COD/BOD Ratio - (Chemical Oxygen Demand/Biochemical Oxygen Demand).
- Acids - Potential for corrosion and serious health risks.
These chemicals are not good for health, they are not good for the environment and if word got out that they are being used on your site, then it certainly wouldn't be good for your business reputation.
That is why we as a company committed to seeking out specialist cleaning detergents that satisfied the following stringent criteria:
- They must be produced by a company with a recognised and proven environmentally friendly track record.
- They must be manufactured under the highest possible technical and quality rigour.
- They must be safe to use for long term use by our operatives.
- And ultimately they must be friendly to the environment
Well after what initially seemed like the search for the Holy Grail, we discovered a fabulous detergent that is completely safe to use, is caustic free, contains no harmful phosphates and was designed with the environment in mind.
Not only that, it leaves the vehicles we use it on absolutely gleaming.
It is called Eurowash 1000 Plus and is manufactured by Chela Ltd, a specialist manufacturer of high performance detergents using safer raw materials.
Chela have an impressive quality pedigree having achieved ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 accreditations.
However the main reason we are extremely happy to have discovered Chela is that they were awarded the prestigious Gold Green Apple award in 2014 by the Green Organisation for the manufacture of innovative detergents.
This award is one of only a handful of schemes that meet the exacting criteria of the European Business Awards for the Environment.
When we clean your vehicles, it will be using sophisticated award winning detergent systems that are safe and that care for the environment so that you can have peace of mind that the job will be done to exacting standards.
So, give me, Peter Stevenson, a call now on 02476 303 069. I will audit your current practices, identify any problem areas and show you how you can reduce or even eradicate any unnecessary costs. Or, to ask me a specific question, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.